gsa schedule solicitation

I see that I need a DUNS number. What does this mean?

Yes, to be awarded a GSA contract, or any Federal contract for that matter, you will need a DUNS number.  “DUNS” stands for Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) number, which is a unique nine character identification number provided by the Dun & Bradstreet (D&B) company.

If you do not have a DUNS number, you may obtain one online at http://fedgov.dnb.com/webform or by calling D&B at 1-866-705-5711.

The process to request a DUNS number takes about 10 minutes and is free of charge.

The DUNS number is required for registering in the governments system for acquisition management, otherwise known as sam.gov.